DOVE HOUSE HOSPICE
Dove House Hospice cares for people in Hull & East Yorkshire who are living with a life-limiting illness. A big part of what the hospice does is to support friends and family, both throughout an illness and after their loved one has died.
By raising money for Dove House through taking part in Get Caked you will be making a difference to the lives of local people. You are ensuring that more families can create happy memories together.
RSPCA (HULL & EAST RIDING BRANCH)
We are the largest investor of Animal Care in Hull and East Riding and have been for 100 years. Our 1-million-pound animal center cares for animals that are sick, injured, abandoned, abused, or neglected.
Although we work in partnership with RSPCA National Society, we are a self-funded and separately registered charity. We rely on the kindness and generosity of our amazing supporters and fundraisers. Our three charity shops in Hull, Beverley and Cottingham raise vital funds to help make a difference to the animals we care for.
HULL AND EAST YORKSHIRE CHILDREN'S UNIVERSITY
Hull and East Yorkshire (HEY) Children’s University believes that all children should get the opportunity to see the world beyond the end of their street, no matter where they are from. 1 in 3 children in Hull grow up living in poverty and many of these children have never ventured more than a mile from their homes.
Our charity provides experiences that raise aspirations, confidence and resilience. We help children to discover talents they never knew they had and we give them the fire in their bellies to achieve their dreams.
SAINT CATHERINE'S HOSPICE
Saint Catherine’s provides care and support at home and in the hospice for adults with a terminal illness, and to their families, carers and friends. Our services work with patients to provide support and care that will allow a patient to remain as active as possible and make the most of every day, in the place where a patient chooses to be.
We serve communities across a 1,600 square mile area covering Scarborough, Whitby, Filey, Hunmanby, Ryedale, Bridlington and Driffield working with over 3,000 patients, families and carers each year.
All the care we provide is free of charge. Each year we need around £5m to deliver all our services. Over 70% of this comes from the wonderful support and generosity of our local communities. We receive the other 30% of our money from the local health and social care commissioners and we are grateful for their ongoing support.
We will continue to be there to care and support you, your family, your carers and friends when you need us.
WISHH CHARITY (WORKING INDEPENDENTLY TO SUPPORT HULL HOSPITALS)
WISHH raises funds locally to help make your hospitals a better place by enhancing equipment, facilities, and services for the benefit of patients, their loved ones and staff at both Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital.
WISHH works alongside all wards and departments across both hospitals, from the Children’s Wards, Cardiology, Intensive Care Unit, Queen’s Centre, Breast Care and many more. We provide the ‘added extras’ above and beyond what can be achieved by the NHS alone, to help deliver a positive hospital experience to patients and their families.
The Hinge Centre
The Hinge Centre is a charity based in Bridlington. We are committed to providing services and support to the local community, in a professional and non-judgemental manner.
The centre operates an open-door policy, to all within the local community as well as creating opportunities for those facing social and financial deprivation.
We have three main areas of support which are Resettlement, Community Cohesion and Children, Young People & Families. We offer a wide variety of groups, activities and services on a weekly basis, as well as 1-1 appointments.
YORK & SCARBOROUGH HOSPITALS CHARITY
With your help, you will enable us to fund vital extras to improve patient care and experience and support staff wellbeing.
From new state of the art equipment and facilities, to artwork and gardens to improve the hospital environment, your support makes a huge difference to our staff, patients and families every day.
York & Scarborough Hospitals Charity support the eight hospitals that York & Scarborough Hospitals NHS Trust serves including, York, Scarborough, Bridlington, Malton, Selby and Easingwold.